Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Knowledges at Mt. Wilson

IMG_3243
IMG_3244
IMG_3245
IMG_3302
IMG_3261
IMG_3273
IMG_3289
IMG_3297
IMG_3299
IMG_3262
IMG_3263

Tomory, his mother, and I attended Knowledges at Mt. Wilson this past Sunday afternoon. The drive up to the observatory and the views from the final destination were stunning. We didn't have much time to spend there that afternoon, but we were lucky to catch Katie Grinnan's performance of her Astrology Orchestra at the 60-Inch Telescope. I wish I could credit the other art pictured here- but there were no placards that I could find (Elleni and Christina Congratulations on your spectacular event :))

Photo 5: Work by Marilyn Lowey
Photos 7-9: Katie Grinnan & her Astrology Orchestra performance
Photoss 10, 11: Dani Tull, "Brancusi Stargate."

Thank you John Hogan for the details!



 

3 comments:

John P. Hogan said...

Hi Jennifer,
These pictures are great! The large white balloon is by Marilyn Lowey. The sculptures on the hill are "Brancusi Stargate" by Dani Tull.
Thanks,
John H.

Jennifer said...

Thanks John!

I really appreciate it. Updating now.

P.S. I was reading through your old blogs...hilarious!

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I wish I had known about this radness, looks like it is right up my alley. Feeling your vibes!