Friday, September 23, 2011



Textile design on pictured dress © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2011
Top left image: Still from a film (detail) by Brett Cody Rogers.

Top photo: L: BCR at Pepin Moore. Go!
R: ERMIE F/W '11 short sleeve knit maxi dress in the Topanga Print.
Slips on, no closures, unlined. Slight scoop neckline in front; may be worn reversed- dress 'back' has a v-neck and single a center pleat (see below). Short sleeves hit just above the elbow. 100% Organic Cotton in a substantial knit with a beautiful drape. *

Bottom Photo
: Inspiration for this dress: Joni & Joan. Need I say more?

joni & joan

* Beatrice's shoes are wonderful. So comfortable for traipsing around L.A. all day-which I did last weekend when the above photo was taken. A little heel would look nicer with this dress-esp. to minimize my cankles- but seriously- I don't understand how women can walk around in heels all day long. Total torture.
(Wish my Mociun -Krantz necklace was turned around in that first photo, too.
Can't always get what you want...)


Above: "Back" worn in the front.
Below: "Back" worn in the back.



PS. The goal is to have everything up online for sale by the end of October!


joyce said...


anna of (green gable) said...

Beautiful dress!

xo, Anna of :green gable:

keepfeeling said...

the topanga print turned out beautifully! love that shape, too!

Jaime Rugh said...

Soo beautiful!

ilana kohn said...

I NEED THAT DRESS, aghhhhh!!!!!!!! your prints + maxi length, i'm dyyyyiinnnnngggg!

Vanessa Samp said...

!!! :)

Belinda [simple things] said...

That print, fabric and style are perfect together. And a v back and pleat! I love it. I can't wait to see the back (aka the other front), and the rest of the collection.

Love Beatrice's shoes too. I also don't understand heels all day. A wedge, maybe. I want to see more flats with dresses. I like it.

PS. I tend on the cankle side too. Oh how I envy women with lovely, slim ankles that are clearly defined from their calves.

leFiligree said...

LOVE the idea of reversibility!

heels are for when you have a desk job. that's all.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! You're really blowing my mind with both your textiles and your clothing designs. Really, mind-blowing.