Monday, April 18, 2011

Seattle

IMG_6011
IMG_6012
IMG_6014

Than Bros.


IMG_6019

Lovely Debra in her studio.
Strawberry photo pictured below by Debra Baxter.


IMG_6022
IMG_6030

Oddfellows


IMG_6035

With Ashely at SAM.
We saw the Nick Cave show. Wow.

Below: also on view at SAM.


IMG_6038
IMG_6049

Water Taxi!

IMG_6051
IMG_6053
IMG_6055
IMG_6056

Admiral Benbow Inn -Actually now the Heartland Cafe...but they kept & refurbished the old back room that looks like the inside of a pirate ship...complete with ship windows and an '"ocean" (fish tank in the floor).

IMG_6057
IMG_6059

Hi!
I didn't drop off the face of the earth...I was just in Seattle ;)

I lived in Seattle from 1999-02. I met my husband there. Many good friends of mine still live there, and it was so good to see them all.

I was able to meet up with some new friends, too. I had a wonderful lunch date with Linda of Linda Ferrol Studio- it was as if we had known each other forever! The internet is a wonderful tool for bringing kindred spirits together. Ashley and I were also able to bum around for an afternoon of fun--we visited some of her favorite spots in the city. Her keen eye and sense of style never ceases to amaze me.

Even though it has been a tough winter (& spring so far) in Seattle, and it was quite cold and rainy during our visit, all of the cherry blossoms were bursting into pink and white clouds...so beautiful!

Other highlights:

Local 360

Jack Straw

Melrose Market

Laguna Pottery

We will actually be traveling again to Seattle in July for a wedding- I can't wait to return!








6 comments:

Diana said...

What gorgeous photos! That pirate ship cafe thing sounds so neat!

Megan Taylor said...

Pretty in Pink!

Shara said...

This sounds so fun! I wish I had spent more time in Seattle when I was studying in Portland.

Vanessa Samp said...

spring in the pacific northwest! also, looks like a great time was to be had good photos good fun...

v

Anonymous said...

looks fun .. my favorite part about seattle were the little pubs with great food (and in portland too).

Unknown said...

I love Oddfellows - and your tiny depiction of it. You'll be much toastier hopefully your next visit (I said hopefully ...) : )