Wednesday, August 4, 2010





Last night I was fortunate enough to have dinner with these lovely ladies.

Jeana hosted in her beautiful home and made shrimp tacos.
Heather made a yummy almond cake with fresh raspberries.
Clare generously gave us vibrant pink, gorgeous, wrist wraps that she made herself.

For what it's worth, I contributed a bottle of wine, and brought Jeana some fresh tomatoes from our garden (the squirrels in her neighborhood have been stealing hers).
Mociun, Marni, Vivier and vintage were worn. Topics of conversation ranged from technical issues with our blogs, to motherhood, to wax or not to wax and to cats swallowing needles.

I didn't take photos, because I didn't want to be rude. Being invited to someones home for the first time & taking snapshots just did not seem like the polite thing to do.
Plus I was nervous! I am just a nervous person by nature. I was flustered upon arrival after getting a bit lost in the hills (right near the Hollywood sign) surrounding Jeana's home trying to initially locate her house. It took me a while to to calm down and relax. But once I did, I had a wonderful time.

Pictured above- the Vivier friendship wrist wrap worn alone and with this Vivier Wrist Wrap I won from Joslyn's blog.

Thank-you ladies, for a beautiful evening!!

Side note: I thought I had this figured out last night- but making photos larger in Flickr? I keep trying & my photos keep getting cropped when I post them to my blog? Any advice on this? How to widen the blogger template/ prevent the cropping? I give up for now...





8 comments:

Janis said...

Artist's need a circle of friends to bounce ideas off of, emotional support, and for just plain laughter. Sounds like a great evening, a real gift :^)

Megan Taylor said...

Oh I wish I could have been at the dinner...it sounds amazing and cozy.

Jennifer said...

Megan, I think we we all wishing you could have been there too! We should plan for that!

Janis, it's true. A group of friends is so important. Thank you for your comments as always, but especially on my post from waaaay earlier today!

Anonymous said...

The fresh tomatoes from a garden are the best ! Love the pink bracelet !

Clare Vivier said...

thanks jennifer!
what a lovely, well-written post on our evening. wish i'd have posted it myself!
xoxc

Joslyn said...

sounds like a fantastic evening with an amazing group of ladies!

Heather Taylor said...

loved our night. looking forward to many more!

ALL said...

Hey JPD, I can definitely help you with the image sizing/flickr thing if you haven't figured it out yet. Shoot me an email if you need anything! AL