Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fashion is what you wear while doing something much more interesting.







Before there was Isabel M., there was Daryl K.

Back in the 1990's I owned a couple pairs of her pants she designed (she made the best pants) , a fitted red hooded sweatshirt with a little pocket built into the back, and a simple chunky knit inside out, snap- front navy cardigan (my descriptions don't do her designs justice- I can't believe I gave these pieces away!!) . Kim Gordon was a fan, and recently auctioned off some of her vintage Daryl K pieces for charity.

I still love Daryl Kerrigan's work. She's a survivor- her company has been through so many incarnations, trials and tribulations, and she still keeps creating. Gotta admire that.

All above images from Daryl K's Spring 2010 collection.


No comments: