Monday, February 15, 2010



It felt like summertime here today. I went out for a walk on my lunch break. I need to do that more.
I heard this band on the radio on the drive home.
The music made me think of Iowa, the cornfields on a humid night, spending the summer with my friends Priscilla & Craig at their gallery/printing studio/theater/home and how good that felt. Things were much simpler, and carefree for me in those days.

My cold is still hanging on.

Potatoes & Broccoli from the garden.

6 comments:

Janis said...

Let's get in the car and drive to Iowa - road trip!

Are you feeling better yet... I hope so...xoxo

Anonymous said...

feel better soon! make some soup out of those spectacular potatoes and broccoli! ;)

Unknown said...

Holy shit, look at those potatoes! You guys are getting good at this! I too have a lingering cold/cough/thingy. Sucks, right? Feel better...

Every Little Counts said...

jennifer-
i'm sorry my husband just swore on your blog. he just can't help himself ;) he might be drunk commenting.....sorry!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Those potatoes look fabulous!

Jennifer said...

Janis,
98% better,I'd love to do a road trip to Iowa with you!

Natasha,thank-you...

A&A: So sweet of you both to comment, swears and all: those potatoes were fucking good! ;)
The broccoli- not so much- it was tiny & full of aphids. Yech. Dodge pulled it up today.Miss you guys.

Denise: yes they are so good (see above) & we still have some left!