Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Corner View: Favorite Hangout








I don't really have time to hang out in coffee shops anymore (I wish I did). But I do try to make it to this restaurant just about every week to hang out with out with our good friends, but I didn't really want to blog about
t
hat (maybe later).
So after considering this week's theme, I realized some of my favorite places to hang out are artist's studios!
I love looking at their work, but I also immensely enjoy looking at their materials, their tools, their books and papers shelved and strewn about and the photographs that they choose to tack up on their walls.
I relish taking a glimpse of their process, their minds and what inspires them.
Someday I'd love to publish a book of photographs of artist's studios.
The above images are all from Aaron's studio. You can see some images here, here, and here of photographs of artist's studios that I have taken in the past.

Click here to hang out with the rest of the CV crew.

12 comments:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Nice pictures of studios and artist work. How nice to see into the work and hobbies of other people. These kind of studios inspire my non-artistic self to try my hand at new things - not usually very successfully though!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection of eclectic things in those studios!

Theresa said...

That used to be one of my favorites too.

Ritva said...

you are so right!
it´s so inspiring to be in studios.
when i lived in helsinki i visited my friends more often...

Guusje said...

I'm with you there! Studios are awesome places!

Daan said...

Great Studio, always special places

Janis said...

Surrounded by paint, paper, brushes... yes, it makes an artist feel right at home. A best hang out for inspiration and good conversation :^)

likeschocolate said...

What a fun place to hang out! I have booked marked your restaurant. I will have to try it the next time I am in LA.

isabelle said...

that's a great hangout!

denise said...

ahh, yes, i can see why that would be a favorite!

jane said...

this looks like an awesome place to hang. i love your idea of photographing artist studios. please do! besos!

g/d said...

I love seeing studio interiors...it gives me so much inspiration to get into mine and make it awesome!! These photos are lovely.