Saturday, November 21, 2009

When I grow up...





...I want to be Iris Apfel!

Some of these images are from the book (on my Christmas wish list!)
Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel

which accompanies the traveling exhibit currently on view at the Peabody Essex Museum.
Iris Apfel is co-founder of the international textile company Old World Weavers and an authority on antique fabrics.

Elements of Style According to Iris Apfel:

1. Never take yourself or an outfit too seriously.

2. Visit the animal kingdom.

3. Consider the clergy.

4. Travel widely.

5. Go high and low.

6. Don’t fret about your age.

7. Don’t be afraid to stop traffic.

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

She certainly looks like fun!
Love the picture on top...the glasses, the boots. So colorful!

Janis said...

Love her point of view ...

Jennifer said...

I love her style! My friend's parents are friends of hers, and I wish I could meet her. They met through the textile industry many years ago. My friend's mother helped to install the exhibition at a local museum here on Long Island last year. Sadly, I managed to miss seeing it when it was here and at the Met. But the catalogue is amazing!

Heather Taylor said...

um, love this! i will add this book to my christmas list too. chic!

Every Little Counts said...

want those glasses. bad.